COVID-19: What do you as a client need to know about coming to Tin Woof Inn?
May 15, 2020
- We are currently limiting the lobby to one client at a time. If you see a client in the lobby, please wait in your car until they exit the building. We have multiple hand sanitizing stations available in our lobby and our restroom is available for client use. It is being cleaned and sanitized after each use.
- Some of our staff may not be wearing masks. This is because some of our dogs have shown to react negatively to masks. Staff members are encouraged to wear masks whenever it is safe and possible.
- If you feel more comfortable staying in your car, please call us to let us know so we may come to your car to get your pet. We are more than happy to do this for any of our clients.
- All clients are encouraged to wear a mask, if possible, ANYTIME they are outside of their home.
- We are disinfecting frequently touched items multiple times throughout the day. This includes door handles, the front desk, register, phones, etc. pens are being disinfected after each use.
- Staff members are doing onsite temperature/health checks daily.
- Staff members are washing and/or sanitizing hands after every interaction with clients and/or their pets.
- If you have been sick in the past 24 hours, please do not come to the facility.
- The health and safety of not only the pets in our care, but also our human clients and employees is our number one priority.
WHO WE ARE
Tin Woof Inn’s Mission
As the premier pet boarding, dog daycare and dog training facility in Kentucky, Tin Woof Inn is operated using the same professional standards of care used by the top veterinary and boarding facilities in the country. We have been pet professionals since 1993 and understand that there is a strong and unique bond between pets and their families. Our mission is to support and enhance that bond in any way we can with existing pet owners and devote a portion of our time and resources to help animals find good homes and families.